Paletton version history
Paletton.com (Color Scheme Designer) History
Version history and change log of the Paletton online application, formerly as Color Scheme Designer.
2014: Paletton.com (a.k.a. Color Scheme Designer 4)
Paletton.com – English (more language versions will follow). New application name, logo and domain Paletton.com starts with the new version (while the previous ColorSchemeDesigner.com will be still active). Note: MSIE prior to version 9 is no more supported. Opera browser is not (yet) supported due to strange nonstandard behavior.
- 2014-08-22 – Paletton 1.01
- New: tooltips with color codes and color info window added.
- New: "Free style" palette model added.
- New: now you can unlock palette to edit shades of each color individually.
- New, better algorithms for uniform distribution of objects in examples.
- Artwork examples were updated, and one new added. New animated example (Floating Stripes) added.
- Minor UI facelift.
- 2014-06-18 – Paletton 1.0 released
- All features as announced in previous beta.
- Many improvements and bug fixes
- 2014-05-05 – Paletton 1.0b2 – Public BETA 2
- New: New scheme model selector
- New: CMYK values of colors
- New: Palette "reset" added
- New: "close/cancel" buttons added to dialogs
- New: Localization support, Czech translation added mainly for testing purposes. More translations will come later.
- Many minor improvements
- 2014-04-14 – Paletton 1.0b1 (Color Scheme Designer 4) – Public BETA
- Simplified, yet improved interface
- Completelly rewritten engine
- Improved scheme presets with live preview
- New: Palette fine tune
- Many new live palette previews
- Many new examples of palette usage
- Improved color list and tables
- New: color contrast table
- Improved color-blind simulation algorithms, more vision simulation
- Improved palette randomizer
- New: Palette sharing
- Social media: Meet Paletton on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
2009–2014: Color Scheme Designer 3
Version 3 – English. A brand new interface, as well as the engine, all rewritten from the scratch. Rapidly increased precision and color space conversions, better preview, enhanced scheme creation system, unique scheme IDs and permanent URL of the scheme. Note: MSIE 6 is no more supported since this version.
- 2011-06-08 – Version 3.51
- NEW: Pantone™ and RAL™ color spaces removed on Pantone LLC, resp. RAL request.
- 2010-10-26 – Version 3.5
- NEW: WebColors, Pantone™, RAL™ and Opaltone® color spaces support.
- NEW: A button to switch to the opposite hue was added.
- Menu slightly changed, minor UI improvements.
- Tooltips now work for menu items, too.
- The appliction core is completely rewritten to support new controls and widgets in the future. Color caching was added to significantly speed up the color lookup and conversions.
- 2009-07-06 – Version 3.1, a major update.
- NEW: Adjust variants. Each color shade in the palette can be now individually edited.
- NEW: The palette IDs additionaly support values of individual color adjustments. The backward compatibility of previously generated IDs is granted.
- NEW: Menu. All supporting functions were gathered to the new application menu located in the upper right corner.
- NEW: Undo/Redo. Most actions and adjustments are now undoable.
- NEW: Instant Designer Shop added. Get hi-quality professional logos, templates, designs and services for instant use.
- Fix: Photoshop palette export (.ACO) fixed.
- Improvement: The application interface was cleaned up.
- 2009-03-11 – Updated randomize function, randomize settings added. Contrast of the UI slightly increased.